Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to Bean and I (well on August 8th, couple days late)!  We started dating four years ago, and got married two years ago, both on the same day.  Bean and I spent the last few days in Niagara Falls.  Ontario, Canada, not New York.  The American side looks like shit compared to ON, don't even bother with it.   

I've been to the falls many times since I was a child.  My family used to visit every couple years (back when you didn't need a passport). We had family living in ON and a house (which was sold & I don't remember it).  Bean and I visited soon after we started dating but only spent a day and there is so much to do.  We stopped this past January on our way back from Ohio but that was also a short visit.  Bean got some time off for our anniversary so we started the drive on Saturday and got back on Wednesday.  This is actually the first year we got to celebrate our anniversary since Bean had a "business trip" last August and wasn't home for it.  I'll have to post some photos when I get them uploaded. 

Today is CD15, I usually start OPKs on CD10 or CD11.  So the whole vacation I've had to do them.  Which includes in public since we spent a lot of time away from the hotel or in the car.  I have a bag with my piss cups in it, and I got a container to hold my "used" OPKs.  One thing I've learned from this experience is to not use paper cups, go with plastic.  Paper cups do not hold warm liquids for very long.  Use your imagination, this makes for a big mess. *sigh*

No +OPK yet.  They are all still pretty light, cervix is medium, and just starting to fern.  Looks like a late O.  It would be amazing if I did O and this wasn't another AO cycle.  But honestly I'm not too worried about it.  I've already came up unresponsive for 2 out of my 4 cycles.  It's not like I'm doing that amazing on the drugs anyways.  Another unresponsive AO cycle wouldn't be the end of the world.  Plus I have my first RE appointment next week.  Looking at my current Clomid record I'm ether: A. going to get pulled from it, or B. adding injectables.  

The insurance department from my new RE called to tell me what coverage I have.  Basically stuff I already knew.  But they offer a 20% discount off what my insurance doesn't cover because of Bean's job.  I still feel bad for cheating on my OBGYN.  I really like Dr. S.  But I'm not PG, and my dysplasia is no where as bad as it used to be.  There is no reason for me to have an regular OBGYN since they can not run the tests I need.   Bittersweet I guess.

I keep reminding myself that I'm in no rush.  Sure fertility slowly decrease as you age.  But my ovaries are pretty useless as is, I mean they can't get much worse, right?  Not like I need to make it anywhere anytime soon (although that would be nice.)  This is a good thing.

PS My heart goes out to a friend who just lost her baby girl at 22 weeks.  :(
CD15, OPK-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me <3 comments... and chocolate peanut butter cups!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...