Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hysteroscopy Surgery

"A hysteroscopy is a way for your doctor to look at the lining of your uterus. He or she uses a thin viewing tool called a hysteroscope. The tip of the hysteroscope is put into your vagina and gently moved through the cervix into the uterus. The hysteroscope has a light and camera hooked to it so your doctor can see the lining on a video screen." - WebMD
5:30 AM - Bean arrives home from work as I start packing and getting ready to go.  

6:40 - Arrive at surgery center and check in.  I'm second in line for surgery this morning.

6:55 - I'm called in back where I change into my blue socks and gown.

7:00 - I'm put into a chair and asked about my medical history.  They hook me up to all the monitors and put the IV in.

7:15 - Bean is allowed to come visit me.

7:25 - Dr. H and anesthesiologist come to visit and explain the surgery.

7:30 - Nurse comes to get me and walk me to the operating room.  I climb up on the warm table placing my butt above the hole in the table.  They strap my arms down and put a large belt over my belly.  I'm given some medication via IV.  Then the mask went on my face.  The IV begins to burn.  I took 3 or 4 breaths with the mask and I was out.

8:00 - I woke up in the common room with Bean by my side.  I was awake a lot quicker this time than the past two surgeries.

8:15 - I got out of bed and started putting my clothes on.  I notice a lot of Iodine and a little bit of blood on the bed from where I was bleeding out.  I told Bean how beautiful the blue floors were, even bending over to touch them.

8:20 - Nurse and Bean walked me out to the car.  I was fine and dancing, I think that scared them.

8:25 - We drove past a taxidermy sign.  I asked Bean if I died if he would have me "stuffed" and then stick me in the house somewhere.  I began singing Party in the USA-Miley Cyrus and some Spice Girls song. 

8:30 - Starting to get tired.

8:35 - Arrive home.  Hug and squeeze the puppy 'til he wanted nothing to do with me.

8:40 - Go lay down in bed.  Bean falls asleep with me.

12:00 - Wake up and change out the pad they put on me at the hospital.

I've been in and out of sleep all afternoon.  Bean did bring me salad from the local pizza place before he went to work at 4PM.

The bleeding has seemed to have stopped already, I was expecting more.  I'm still waiting on my period.  I don't know how much of the uterine lining they took out or if they left most of it.  I assume by the little bit of blood that came out that there is still a lot more.  



My uterus looks normal and he didn't have to remove an scar tissue.  Even the photos don't show as many abrasions as in October.  My post-op is next Thursday and they'll go over more then.  For once something seems to go right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me <3 comments... and chocolate peanut butter cups!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...