Doctors Appointment 3/7
New OB/GYN today. It was kind of weird. And every time he starting talking about a different medicine or procedure I would already know all about it, sometimes the pro, cons, side effects, what it's used for. Maybe I just have too much GYN knowledge. I blame Google.
- I have my first ultrasound next week, pelvic (lower stomach) and transvaginal (inside). Looking for PCOS and/or whatever else they can find.
- I have PCOS, whether or not they find cysts on the ultrasound. A mild case, I guess.
- I have: acne (but getting better, my back is the worst), irregular periods (very irregular), obesity (maybe, BMI 29), breathing problems while sleeping (I'm a ENT mess), oily skin (goes w/ the acne), infertility (yeah...), elevated blood pressure (thanks to Microgestin), excess hair growth (I guess, I have hair?), pain in abdomen (sore ovaries), mood swings (it comes w/ being female), anovulation, dandruff (but cleared up since I use henna).
- I don't have: skin tags, skin discolorations, high cholesterol, smaller breast (opposite there), deeper voice, thinning hair (super thick hair here), darkening skin. The irregular periods are the worst though.
- He thinks I'm anovulatory, or very, very close to it.
- My blood pressure keeps increasing. It was 120/80 three months ago before starting Microgestin. Last month it was 130/80. Now it's 140/90.
- I start Clomid 50mg day 3-7 next week.
- I also need to start using OPK (ovulation predictor kits). Already bought these from Amazon.
So I got what I wanted out of the appointment, an ultrasound and Clomid.
My ENT ran a full thyriod check, it came back normal. So no hypothyroidism. I do have a vitamin d deficiency. Could explain why I am so tired. I need to take my vitamins more often, at least 1000 IU/day.
I also found this website: Taking Charge of Your Fertility. They have charts you can create for everything fertility related.